.

.

I don't have a million cookbooks, a chef hat, or the knowledge of how to bone a duck. I do, however, have a pretty apron, nice china, trusty Betty Crocker, and a family of five to feed. I'm no chef ... I just like to eat. Say Grace and join the meal!

Visit me at Carolina Girl for life outside of the kitchen! See you there!

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Homemade Lasagna ... Extra Cheese Edition !!!

I have a confession about a certain addiction I have.
It's Cheese.
I can eat Feta cheese straight from the lil' tub it comes in.
Nothing else. Just Feta. Yum.
I love Munster, Gouda, Swiss, ridiculously sharp Cheddar ... and I've been known to throw back a block of Mozzarella too.

So, of course when I take on the task of making my family homemade lasagna, I'm going to triple the cheese. Yes, Please.

You can thank me later. :)

You will need:

1 Package (12 oz) of Oven Ready Lasagna - you DON'T have to boil these noodles first! Yay!
2 Jars of Spaghetti Sauce - I use Sundried Tomato & Sweet Basil
1 Large Tub of Ricotta Cheese - We prefer the 32 oz tub of Kraft Ricotta
3 Cups of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Parmesan Cheese
Baby Spinach
1 Clove of Garlic, chopped
1 lb of ground beef
1 Can of Italian Herb Stewed Tomatoes
Chopped Onion - depends on how much you love onion!
1 Cup of Water
Olive Oil
2 Eggs, slightly beaten




Begin by cooking the hamburger meat with chopped onion. Drain and add stewed tomatoes on low heat once meat is completely cooked.

In a separate skillet, drizzle olive oil, and add chopped garlic with the baby spinach.

Combine ricotta cheese, 2 cups of mozzarella, Parmesan cheese, and eggs in a large bowl. Once spinach has been cooked down, add to the cheesy goodness. Mix well.

Drain the beef and tomatoes one more time and add to another large bowl. Add both jars of spaghetti sauce and 1 cup of water. Mix well.

You now have two separate bowls. One with a cheese and spinach mixture; the other with beef, sauce, and tomatoes.




In a 9"x13" pan, spread about 1 1/2 cups of the meat sauce. Place your oven ready noodles over sauce. Spread some cheesy goodness over the lasagna and top with more meat sauce. Add another layer of noodles. Continue layering until your hearts content. (I like THICK lasagna and got away with almost 4 layers)

When you're finished layering, top with meat sauce and sprinkle 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese.

Wrap it up tight with foil and bake for 1 hour @ 425. You'll know it's done from the delicious aroma that will fill your house (and if it's fork tender). Let it sit for 10 mins outside of the oven and try NOT to dunk your face in the awesomeness. Because that would burn.

Enjoy !!!



{ I love how you can see the ridges from the lasagna ... and my daughter's ranch dressing on the side. This is real life folks ... Hello Kitty plate ware and all!!! }

No comments:

Post a Comment